This page is for Micro Bridge 13 only !
If you need technical information and the latest update module of Micro Bridge 10, 11 or 12, please see the
Previous Versions page.
This is an updated module of Micro Bridge 13. Download the following zip file and read the enclosed Readme_English.txt.
If you omit the step 1 written in the Readme_English.txt, you will not be able to open the Help file of Micro Bridge 13.2.
An update to Micro Bridge 13.20 (3/11/2018, mbup1320.zip, 7,283KB)
If Windows Defender SmartScreen prevents the downloaded exe file from running, click More Info and click Run anyway.
New Features in Micro Bridge 13.2
- Improved Bid and Play Algorithm
Bid and play skill of version 13.2 is about 3 IMPs/24 boards stronger than version 13.0.
- Adds 'Show Next Bidding Rules' command.
You can easily check the meaning of bids at your turn.
- Adds 'Specify an Opening Lead Card' function.
You can specify the opening lead of computer player.
- Adds 'Rotate Hands Clock/Counterclockwise' and 'Swap any two Hands' commands to Hand Editor.
- Improves usability when you use touch pad or touch panel pointing device.
1) You can show the buttons of Action menu at the right side of window.
2) Enlarged bidding buttons.
3) Enlarged Hand Editor window. You can edit hands using large size cards.
- Changes font design to fit recent Windows version.
- The problem that the major update of Windows 10 makes Keycode ineffective is fixed.
- Serial and Modem interface for the network play are no longer supported.
- The following serious bug is fixed.
If you choose a Regional Notation other than English, Micro Bridge 13 fails to start.
- Some other minor bugs are fixed.
- Supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, but can not guarantee Micro Bridge run on the future major update of Windows 10. We will check at that time.
- Micro Bridge 13 supports Windows 10 (version 1709, Fall Creaters Update).
- LAN play of Micro Bridge 13 is slow when Windows 7, 8 or 10 is running on both PCs. Display of bids and plays on client PC is delayed about 6 seconds after server PC bids and plays. The cause of this symptom is a flaw of Microsoft SMB2 protocol. Microsoft provides an unofficial patch module for this problem, but a safe and easy way to solve this problem is to:
Add registry keys:
FileInfoCacheLifetime=0 (DWORD type)
FileNotFoundCacheLifetime=0 (DWORD type)
DirectoryCacheLifetime=0 (DWORD type)
If you are not familiar with editing registry using REGEDIT.EXE, download and run the following program.
smbfix.exe (1/27/13, 418KB)
This change disables a part of SMB2 local cache. The side effect is to increase the network traffic, but it is not a problem for home users. You need to do this change only to client PCs, but I recommend you to do it to all Windows 7/8/10 PCs on which you run Micro Bridge.