The Right 1 column of the access counter is
To visitors from search engines:
If you're searching for information about using palm with Netscape, this page have nothing to do with you.
Fixed SEGV from PalmTodo.new()
Fixed mis-definition of PalmFile#record_by_Id
"PalmSync" is a
library for syncing your PalmPilot with DBMS(MySQL and so on).
You can also read/modify/create records in your PalmPilot using Ruby script in PalmSync.
Now supported reading pdb/prc file (just started work).
PalmSync package contains some Ruby scripts and Ruby extention library for pilot-link.
I'm sorry I have no English manual now. Do you need them? -> English README available now.
- You can synchronize your Palm with DBMS(mysql,etc).
- You can synchronize plural palms with difference username using multiuser-kit(another package.)
- You can read records in pdb files.
- Only the modified records are transferred, so that HotSync time is reduced.
- You can synchronize your Palm's databases such as Address, Datebook, Memo, Todo, Expense, JFile(v.3.x), MicroMoney and so on.
- MailDB supported.
PalmSync will connect with your pop/smtp server to transfer your mail.
- Your scripting may increase the number of Palm's databases and DBMS which
can be synchronized with this PalmSync.
- Your scripting may also extend the abilities of your HotSync system.
- With the low level classes, you can modify your Palm's records directly.
- I'm sorry, I don't prepare GUIs.
(Utilities for MySQL may be useful for you.)
Each version has been fixed a lot of bugs...
- fixed SEGV,and one mis-definition.
- fixed potential of bugs and warnings.
- fixed runtime unresolved symbol 'StringValue' in some method defined in palmutil.c.
- modified using STR2CSTR() to StringValuePtr()
- added PalmInfoCategory#setRenamed(index,flag) and fixed some potential of bugs.
- bug fix of PalmDB#writeAppBlock and addition of PalmAddressInfo#setRenamed
- PalmAddress supports showphone and phoneLabel
- USB connection supported
- Fixed bug in PalmFile#each.
- Start pdb file support.(now only reading)
- Fixed enumeration bugs in PalmDB#each** methods.
- Fixed bug in PalmPilot#fetchFile and FileSimpleConduit#dump
- Fixed a bug that make exception when AddressDB is updated in DBMS.
- Deleted left debug code.
- v1.8.1 Bug Fixes
- PalmDB#each_modified can cause SEGV.
- PalmDB#each_inCategory's function was not that was expected. ->fixed.
- Old PalmDB#each_inCategory's function is moved to PalmDB#each_modified_inCategory
- Table definition of ToDoDB is modified. please add a column on your table in the database. See db/ToDoDBUpdate.sql to add it.
- Category sync-ing supported. You must add a table in your database for it.
See db/DBCategory.sql to understand the table and see ./sync script to
know how to sync categories.
- Ruby(Scripting Language)
- DBMS (I like mysql) and its ruby-extension library.
- This PalmSync1.13.3
(You can also download from this page in Japanese.
I'm afraid I'm going to miss to update this page.)
English README file available.
- If you would like to use PalmSync in multi-user mode, download multiuserkit.(Works of David Cook, only patchfile is created by nyasu)
You can obtain PalmSync from sourceforge.
sourceforget project page
No description here, but I know you can understand them.
Usage of Low Level Classes
for rec in db
print rec.contents # Only MemoDB can be handled like this
Usage of Interpreter Classes
for rec in db
# original access method
# print ar,"\n"
Usage of PalmSync class
s.sync_these([ "MemoDB", "AddressDB" ])
Usage of PalmFile class
pdb = PalmFile.open("MemoDB.pdb")
pdb.each do |r|
puts "\n\n" +
"memo :\n" + r.contents
Your comments are welcome.