Greetings from Nagano! Home Page
Lake Nojiri at Sunset
Photo by Shuichi Fujita (1994)
This is the informal, unofficial web by the volunteers of the IT teams supporting the 18th Winter Olympic Games to be held in Nagano, Japan, on February 7-22, 1998, and the 8th Paralympic Winter Games on March 5-14. It is intended for communicating our weekday and weekend activities among ourselves and to our friends worldwide, in a casual and non-bureaucratic manner.
- Curling at Karuizawa
- Ice Hockey at Big Hat, Nagano
- Speed Skating at M-Wave, Nagano
- Ski Jumping at Hakuba
- Snowboard - Freestyle at Iizuna, Nagano
- Ice Sledge Speed Racing & Hockey at M-Wave, Nagano
Links to Other Webs
Volunteers are needed who can:
- Summarize the stories of each venue
- Better scan and process image files
- Write HTML documents
Please contact the owner of this web shown below. See the Rules.
Preparations Prior to August, 1997
As publicly talked about already, thousands of IBM personal computers will be placed in and around Nagano City, before and during the Games. The preparations are underway by three teams: Results, Info '98 and Games Management. Other teams worldwide, such as WOTT, are supporting these preparations.
- Results Team
- Info'98 Team
- Games Management Team
- WOTT Team
- Supporting the NOCs and IOC (Lausanne, Monaco, etc.)
- ICPG: Ski Jumping at Hakuba
Created by Yoshi Mikami on June 3, 1997. Last update on Feb. 29, 1998.